Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holidays

Yes it's that time again isn't it, The Holidays. I'm not a fan and dun't know why really as a kid we would load up the car and go down to Peoria. To see my grandma and grandpa, I loved them they were good people. Life was so very good in that time.My mom and dad were still together, and as I get older thing were just simple. As thing and time moves on it's not that simple anymore.
In my 20's married with small kids of my own, time was fast paced. What I would give to have a morning with my kids as well kids. Little kids who have very little thing on there minds, more of base needs. Last week a coworker friend had a baby, and I was thrown back into that time of thinking about babies. That whole baby time is a year maybe two at the most. When it's over it over you can't get that back, in that time it a vortex. Bottles and dapper and four am feeding sleepless night when there are sick. Oh yes no money or time to spend, and sometime just didn't seem fair. You work and work 12 to 14 hours a day and it still wasn't enough. Times were good don't get me wrong.
It was the best, now with two empty bedrooms in this big house of ours. I have so much to be thankful of this year. My kids are well, and happy. My and wife and me are enjoying these years as of late. and the holidays are here. Well I started with one thing in mind to write this morning and it turned into another. So maybe this year my holidays will be good, not looking into the past. Of holidays that were just out bad, move on and look forward to the new.....

No comments:

Post a Comment